Page 104 of 112 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1112

Thread: Art: Ultimate Show me your DeskToP!!! [ver.7.2b][the Best!][Limited Edition]

  1. #1031
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Kenshin. Same as his av, but before getting the cross scar.

  2. #1032
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ah, thanks... I should have know... >_> <_<

  3. #1033
    Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2004
    Posts
    2,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  4. #1034
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Scary awesome.

  5. #1035
    Inactive Member justwildbeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    745
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.angelfire.com/indie/straw...skiss/Desk.JPG

    Yea I've finally changed mine to something dark and with a person that I've never heard of lol

  6. #1036
    Inactive Member Xhell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2004
    Posts
    520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I apolgise for my lack in knowledge, but how do you save the image of your desktop? I tried pressing the "Prt Sc (print screen)" button, but it doesn't work...

  7. #1037
    Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2004
    Posts
    2,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Print screen then paste it in paint or whatever, then save it, and nice wp Beat

  8. #1038
    Inactive Member Xhell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2004
    Posts
    520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ah, the link doesn't work for me so I'm incapable of acknowledging Beat's background.....hmm, do I need to copy and paste it or something?

    Also, I apologise once again for my ignorance and general lack in knowledge about everything but...I got the desktop picture saved, but how do I make the link to it? I'm unfamiliar with regards to the methods involved here. (sorry)

  9. #1039
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Raij: No problem, nobody's born knowing, and I'm glad to explain these kind of things.

    Some web servers (computers you connect to to load web pages) check for something called HTTP-referer - the page from where you jumped to what you want. If it's not what they like, they'll bite. Angelfire does that; it won't show you an image linked to from a message board. To bypass this, you can copy the link (right click on a link + Copy Link Location always works in Mozilla) and paste it in the address bar, then hit Enter.

    To save your desktop for others to see, try the JPEG format (since the background usually has a colorful picture). It'll hurt the icons, toolbars, etc., but it won't take too much space. You can usually choose the compression level for JPEG; try 15 (or, if they say "quality level", 100 - 15 = 85), although it depends, you can get better results by trying up/down by about 5 units. Software like Paint Shop Pro will make it easier with the JPEG Export feature, but you don't have to do all this to show your desktop.

    To make a file accessible for everyone in the Internet, you have to put it in a web server; your local c:\images\whatever.jpg files won't work. You rarely run web servers yourself (you'd need to do stuff for others to locate your computer in the Internet with something like http://_your_computer_/, plus you'd have to keep it running 24/7 for others to see your file anytime). So you get your file hosted in somebody else's computer that will do this for you, and will usually have a nice name like angelfire.com . You should get a web hosting service; there are many free like Angelfire or GeoCities. In these sites you can sign up for an account, and, after following the steps, you'll be able to log in with your account name and password, and access a web file manager, where you can upload your local files to the server's directories, and access them like Beat-chan's desktop http://www.angelfire.com/indie/straw...skiss/Desk.JPG : you'll be given a domain and base directory which usually corresponds to your account, like http://www.angelfire.com/indie/strawberrykisskiss/ , and all the files you place in the server's root are available inside http://www.angelfire.com/indie/strawberrykisskiss/ .

    If you want more detailed information on image hosting, web hosting, web servers, web browsers, how to make a webpage, the world wide web and underlying protocol HTTP, the Internet, or the underlying Internet protocols, from the simplest to the geekest questions, don't hesitate to ask in the technical thread, I'll be glad to help and I'll explain everything from whatever you know to whatever you want to know.

  10. #1040
    Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2004
    Posts
    2,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    or you can try out www.pix8.net as well, I use it and it's cool

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •